Stairway to Heroin was hosted at the Saber Center on April 25, 2017. The coalition promoted this event in many ways. 20 vendors participated in the resource fair, and approximately 90 community members attended the event.
Vendor organizations include:
- Rhythm of Life Chiropractic/ Milwaukee Wellness Champions
- Hales Corners Lutheran Church
- AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin (ARCW)- Prevention Department
- Hales Corners Health Department
- Tobacco-Free Suburban Milwaukee and Ozaukee
- Wisconsin Poison Center
- South Milwaukee Unite Against Drug Abuse Coalition
- CJ Lomas Recovery Foundation
A survey was distributed and 62 individuals responded.
When asked, on a scale of one to five, with five being very useful, how useful is the information you learned tonight?”
- 19.4% identified usefulness as a 4/5 and 80.6% identified a 5/5 for usefulness
- 53.2% strongly agree, and 41.9% agree that after the presentation, they feel more knowledgeable about the risks and behaviors associated with substance use.
Attendees were primarily parents making up 50.8%, 16.4% were family members, 4.9% teachers, 11.5% counselors, 8.2% medical, 14.8% students, and 19.7% other (to include chaplain, elected official, graduate student, coalition members, recovering addicts, public health professionals, veteran, and vendors)